Leading Teams to Excellence (0.2 hr)
How to improve your team's productivity and performance (0.2 CPD/CPE credits)
The objective of this course is to teach you how to assess and increase the collective intelligence of your team when completing/performing a shared task. Collective intelligence refers to a team's ability and skill to complete a shared task. To achieve the learning objective of the course, the video and self learning activities will teach the following:
- Assessing the collective intelligence of your team
- Understanding how you can affect the collective intelligence of the team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
After completion of this course, the professional competence that can be achieved by participants:
- Identify factors that increase collective intelligence
- Identify factors that decrease collective intelligence
Measurement of the knowledge, skills and abilities
After completion of this course, you will be able to:
- List the 3 factors that correlate to a team's collective intelligence.
- Assess the collective intelligence of your teams.
- Develop SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely) action steps to improve the collective intelligence of your team based on your assessment.
- Measure the increase in the collective intelligence of your team by specific metrics such as meeting project milestones and favourable project reviews
- Develop SMART action steps to encourage balanced contribution from team members measured by positive feedback (both formal and informal) from team members.
- Apply the factors correlated to increasing collective intelligence of a team to improve the team's creative problem solving capabilities.
Publication date for this course: May 2019
- Program Level: Basic
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: Nano learning
- CPE credits: Participants will earn 0.2 CPE credits in the field of study of personal development
- Refunds and cancellations: Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been initiated. No refunds will be issued for courses that are currently in progress or completed. For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies please email [email protected]
NABSA statement of registration as a sponsor will be included here upon approval. www.nasbaregistry.org.
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com). We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and soft skill professional development courses. Sheriff Consulting strives to create a learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
- Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
- Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
- Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 15 years.He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Garth has also acted in various stage and film productions. He is a graduate in improvisation from The Second City and a member of ACTRA (the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists