The Great Resignation: Retention in the Hybrid Workplace (1.5 hrs)
Retention of talent in the age of hybrid work has changed. It requires an understanding of the current needs of the workforce and the development of a tailored strategy.
The Great Resignation or Big Quit is a strong indicator of the challenges of retaining talent in a hybrid workplace. It has taught us that a hybrid workplace needs a different organizational culture. Understanding how your organizational culture needs to evolve in this new normal is critical to developing and retaining employees.
In this on-demand course, we will explore:
- How the Great Resignation reflects the challenges of retaining talent in the current environment
- Research on what the new workforce sees as essential to workplace happiness
- How to improve employee retention by building a strong social and learning culture in a hybrid work environment
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Professionals seeking to improve employee retention within their organizations.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: On-demand
- CPD/CPE credits: Participants will earn 1.5 professional development credits
StartModule 1 - The Great Resignation (12:02)
StartModule 2 Research on what the new workforce sees as essential to workplace happiness (15:32)
StartModule 3A How to improve employee retention by building a strong social and learning culture in a hybrid work environment (16:36)
StartModule 3B How to improve employee retention by building a strong social and learning culture in a hybrid work environment (14:13)
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com). We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and soft skill professional development courses. Sheriff Consulting strives to create a learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
- Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
- Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
- Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 15 years.He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Garth has also acted in various stage and film productions. He is a graduate in improvisation from The Second City and a member of ACTRA (the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists