Designing Effective Presentations (0.5 hr)
How to improve the effectiveness of your presentation design (0.5 CPD/CPE credits)
As business professionals we are constantly finding ourselves presenting information. Whether it is for a board, keynote speech or for potential clients, an important skill set of our profession is the ability to present information to different audiences for different purposes. Much of our preparation focus is on presentation delivery (voice, posture, poise etc.), but how we design the presentation can be much more impactful in creating an effective and clear message for your audience.
In this course, we will examine the latest in instructional design research to ensure your content and visual aids are helping your presentation delivery.
- How to understand your audience and what’s in it for them (WIIFT)
- Understanding the latest research in how participants for a presentation stay engaged with your message
- Applying the latest research in instructional design to improve your presentation including storytelling techniques, the replacement of words with images and the effective use of technology such as PowerPoint
0.5 hrs of verifiable CPD (Certificate will be provided upon course completion)
- Program Level: Basic
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: E-learning
- CPE credits: Participants will earn 0.5 professional development credits in the field of study of personal development
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com). We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and soft skill professional development courses. Sheriff Consulting strives to create a learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
- Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
- Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
- Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 15 years.He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Garth has also acted in various stage and film productions. He is a graduate in improvisation from The Second City and a member of ACTRA (the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists