As the Jerry Seinfeld joke goes “More people fear public speaking than death. That means at a funeral more people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy”
Delivering a presentation is an anxiety producing experience for almost everyone. However, as public speakers we all bring aspects of ourselves that will be engaging to an audience. Improving your presentation delivery takes practice and self awareness. In this course, we will discuss key challenges to public speaking and provide practical exercises to overcome these obstacles.
- Understanding who you are as a public speaker and how you engage an audience
- Identifying challenges to public speaking including eye contact, voice and movement
- Applying action steps to overcoming common challenges to public speaking
0.5 hrs of verifiable CPD (Certificate will be provided upon course completion)
- Program Level: Basic
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: E-learning
- CPE credits: Participants will earn 0.5 professional development credits in the field of study of personal development
- Refunds and cancellations: Refunds will be issued for courses that have not been initiated. No refunds will be issued for courses that are currently in progress or completed. For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies please email [email protected]
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com). We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and soft skill professional development courses. Sheriff Consulting strives to create a learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
- Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
- Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
- Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 15 years.He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Garth has also acted in various stage and film productions. He is a graduate in improvisation from The Second City and a member of ACTRA (the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists