The new Canadian Standard on Related Services (CSRS) 4200 is a significant change from the current compilation standard s.9200. CSRS 4200 is effective for compiled financial information for periods ending on or after December 14, 2021. Therefore, practitioners must start preparing today for CSRS 4200 to plan, budget and communicate effectively.
This on-demand will identify the new requirements in CSRS 4200 in these phases of the engagement:
- Pre-engagement (client acceptance/continuance)
- Performing the engagement
- Quality Management
Early communication with your client and third parties to have them understand the changes is also imperative. This on-demand course will provide key action steps for practitioners to perform today to get ready for the CSRS 4200.
The learning objectives of this course include:
- Understand when CSRS 4200 is effective and why it is replacing s.9200.
- Assess if a practitioner is included or excluded in providing a service under CSRS 4200.
- Identify key new requirements in the standards, including the basis of accounting and documentation.
- Apply SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely) action steps to start getting ready for CSRS 4200
1.5 hrs of verifiable CPD (Certificate will be provided upon course completion)
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: E-learning
- Field of Study: Assurance
- CPD/CPE credits: Participants will earn 1.5 professional development credits (hours)
PreviewCourse instructions and learning objectives
PreviewIntroduction to CSRS 4200 (9:21)
StartPre-engagement - Part 1 (10:37)
StartPre-engagement - Part 2 (14:39)
StartPerforming the engagement (13:46)
StartReporting and SMART goals (11:56)
StartQualified assessment of learning objectives
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com). We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and soft skill professional development courses. Sheriff Consulting strives to create a learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
- Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
- Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
- Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 15 years.He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Garth has also acted in various stage and film productions. He is a graduate in improvisation from The Second City and a member of ACTRA (the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists