Networking for success (2hrs)
This course will help to access the value of your network and build your brand. Added section on networking in times of social distancing. (2.0 CPD/CPE credits)
In this course we will learn key tools to improve your professional networking skills including how to find the value in your networking relationships and build your brand. The course also includes a module on networking in a time of social distancing
- How to build, organize and find the value in your network
- Understanding the challenges of networking as an introvert or extrovert
- How to be present at a networking event
- How to develop your professional brand
- How to use LinkedIn effectively to build your brand
- How to network in a time of social distancing
2.0 hrs of verifiable CPD (Certificate will be provided upon course completion)
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: E-learning
- CPD/CPE credits: Participants will earn 2.0 professional development credits
StartCourse instructions and learning objectives
StartModule 1: Introduction (5:22)
StartModule 2: Internal or external (1:37)
StartModule 3: Goal of the networking relationship (2:53)
StartModule 4: Rank your networking relationship (4:36)
StartModule 5: Grade your networking relationship (5:43)
StartModule 6: Networking: What’s in it for you, your team, your organization (4:48)
StartModule 7: Networking Challenges: Introvert vs Extrovert (7:07)
StartModule 8: Overcoming Networking Challenges (6:20)
StartModule 9: Functionalizing your network (3:18)
StartModule 10: Active listening and being present (5:11)
StartModule 11: Branding (4:46)
StartModule 12: LinkedIn Top 5 Dos and Do Nots (4:34)
StartModule 13: Networking and social distancing (10:31)
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com). We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and soft skill professional development courses. Sheriff Consulting strives to create a learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
- Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
- Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
- Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 15 years.He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Garth has also acted in various stage and film productions. He is a graduate in improvisation from The Second City and a member of ACTRA (the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists