How to Provide Effective Feedback and Improve Employee Engagement (2.0 hrs)
Discover positive results of effective feedback on employee performance
This video learning course will introduce the latest research in providing effective feedback to discuss how managers can mentor and develop their staff while also improving firm retention of top talent. Providing effective feedback has a direct and positive affect on employee engagement.
The benefits of improving employee engagement within an organization are well supported:
- Higher employee retention
- Increased productivity
- Increased job satisfaction
We will define the term employee engagement to understand how it is affected by receiving both effective and ineffective feedback. This course will then demonstrate effective strategies to help provide effective feedback and improve employee engagement. The learning objectives of this course include:
- Defining employee engagement and why it is important to an organization.
- Understanding the importance of providing effective feedback to employee engagement.
- Identifying the challenges facing managers in providing effective feedback to employees.
- Examining the key components that makes the difference between effective feedback and ineffective feedback.
- Applying research-based tools to help managers provide effective feedback and improve employee engagement.
2.0 hrs of verifiable CPD (Certificate will be provided upon course completion)
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: E-learning
- CPD/CPE credits: Participants will earn 2.0 professional development credits (hours)
StartCourse instructions and learning objectives
StartEmployee engagement and challenges (10:10)
StartFeedback fallacy (9:28)
StartFeedback demonstration - tangrams (9:17)
StartProviding feedback - communication styles (9:42)
StartProviding feedback - 4 step approach (13:30)
StartProviding feedback - CAL (6:50)
StartDebrief and conclusion (16:18)
StartQualified assessment of learning objectives
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com). We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and soft skill professional development courses. Sheriff Consulting strives to create a learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
- Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
- Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
- Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 15 years.He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Garth has also acted in various stage and film productions. He is a graduate in improvisation from The Second City and a member of ACTRA (the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists