The learning objectives of this course include:
- Identifying the challenges to gathering audit evidence during the pandemic
- Identifying the benefits to re-evaluating the prior year’s audit approach for a client
- Understand the options that the Canadian Auditing Standards provide auditors to testing accounts and assertions.
- Understanding how to effectively communicate with the audit team and client virtually
2.5 hrs of verifiable CPD (Certificate will be provided upon course completion)
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: E-learning
- CPD/CPE credits: Participants will earn 2.5 professional development credits (hours)
StartCourse instructions and learning objectives
StartPlanning and Process Map 1 (16:36)
StartPlanning - Fraud and NOCLAR (9:28)
StartPlanning and Process Map 2 (6:44)
StartProcess Map 3 (7:20)
StartExecution - Areas of Focus (12:45)
StartInterview with Ralph Nach (16:28)
StartCommunication and conclusion (13:13)
StartQualified assessment of learning objectives
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com). We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and soft skill professional development courses. Sheriff Consulting strives to create a learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
- Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
- Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
- Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 15 years.He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Garth has also acted in various stage and film productions. He is a graduate in improvisation from The Second City and a member of ACTRA (the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists