Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been in our collective awareness since the introduction of the villainous computer HAL 9000 in Stanley Kubrick’s classic film 2001. AI has had a few moments in popular culture such as supercomputer IBM Watson’s appearance on Jeopardy in 2011 but has typically been seen as more science fiction than reality.
Today, we are interacting with AI more than we ever have and more than what we might realize. Common interactions with AI include the use of Google Home, Netflix and Amazon.
The future is now for AI. In this course, we will explore how AI is being used and the implications of AI for the future of our profession.
- Understanding what the difference is between our perception of AI vs the reality.
- Defining machine learning
- Identifying machine learning examples that are already a part of our professional and personal lives
- Examining how artificial intelligence technology may affect our profession
- Providing action steps to prepare for the integration of artificial intelligence by our organizations and clients
0.5 hrs of verifiable CPD (Certificate will be provided upon course completion)
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: E-learning
- CPD/CPE credits: Participants will earn 0.5 professional development credits in the field of study of personal development
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com). We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and soft skill professional development courses. Sheriff Consulting strives to create a learning environment that is engaging, interactive, and effective.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
- Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
- Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
- Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 15 years.He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours - Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Garth has also acted in various stage and film productions. He is a graduate in improvisation from The Second City and a member of ACTRA (the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists